Mpower Menstrual Cups
Down from R299, save yourself R40 this Black Friday and help reduce landfill waste!
Reduce your impact on the environment and use a product that is kind to the animals and your pocket!
After 5 years of using the Mcup, 1200 pads/tampons did not end up on the landfill, and you would have saved yourself an estimated R2940.
Available in two sizes:
Light Flow Mcup is recommended for first time menstrual cup users and women who have a light flow.
Standard Flow Mcup is recommended for women who have a moderate to heavy flow and are more comfortable inserting the product.
WHY USE AN MCUP?
- It is a sustainable solution in a culture that associates disposability with convenience
- It is an environmentally responsible choice.
- Cost Effective – your Mcup only needs to be replaced once every 5 years.
- Mcups are locally manufactured in Cape Town, under FDA conditions
- It is made from medically approved, 100% pure silicone (which means no impurities like colour) in an FDA certified factory.
- Each Mcup comes in a storage bag which is made by a local community project – Mpower purchased machines, cutting tables and equipment for The Sewing Project and supplies the material, cotton and ribbon needed for production.
- One Mcup is the equivalent of 1 200 pads (when used for 5 years)
• Available in 2 sizes
• Antibacterial, entirely non-absorbent and is not associated with TSS (toxic shock syndrome) or with other infections like cystitis or candida (thrush)
• Environmentally friendly solution to pads and tampons
• Menstrual cups can be used by all women, even before first sexual intercourse and in conjunction with an IUD or contraceptive diaphragm
• It holds up to three times more fluid than the average tampon or pad
• It is reusable so no need for regularly purchasing, using and disposing of traditional sanitary ware.
• Easy to clean as the lining is totally smooth and the tab is flat.
• Can be worn during sports and at night
• Needs to be changed less frequently than even the highest absorbency tampons and can be worn overnight
• Odourless and entirely invisible with no strings
• Comfortable as it is made from soft flexible silicone rubber
• Convenient to carry in your bag, nothing to throw away or to run out of
• Safe to use before the onset of menstruation so ensures maximum preparation
• Ideal for an active lifestyle and for active sports such as running, gym, yoga and swimming
• Provides more reliable protection as it opens to form a suction seal that resists leakage. 4 seal release holes placed below the rim (The Mcup has a small rim and the holes are a decent distance away from the rim so the vaginal walls conform and close off the holes. only 2 holes which make it more difficult to remove as one needs to fold in the correct place so that one of the holes is revealed. The Mcup has 4 holes which makes it easier as 2 will always be revealed and releases the vacuum.)